Wednesday, December 21, 2005

This afternoon I was debating in my mind if I should head out to the grocery store. It's not whether or not we need to (no cheese, no milk, no peanut butter, six slices of bread- it's definitely time) but there are two factors here, taking three small children to the grocery store is parental suicide and the average temp. here for the last week has been hovering somewhere around 7. Yeah, that's 7 degrees.

So I ask Ben over his lunch hour if it's cold outside (anything over 18 is game for going out) he says it's freezing (well, I can't trust his opinion- this is the guy who I asked this very question to a month or so earlier and was told the same thing- when I find out later that it was 60 degrees out).

We are NOT meant for cold weather.

So recently I tried embracing winter. We were at a Christmas concert with some friends downtown, the snow was falling in big, fluffy flakes, and I'm thinking that with the right gear, I can probably make it through winter here and not despise it. I'm just getting used to the new appreciation that I have with winter when the next day Nate (who has always argued with me that winter is one of the best seasons because one gets to play in the snow), says- as we are all piling out of the van into the biting cold, feeling like giant overstuffed marshmellows in all our winter gear, "Mom, you're right we SHOULD move south."

So much for embracing winter...

2 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

so friends...
i have grown fond of reading about life... I miss y'all!

1:02 PM  
Blogger nate said...

yo griffs,
i too look forward to the day when I will move south. these 30 degree days we've had lately aren't that bad though, "eh?" we ought to get together sometime. perhaps a meal with vicar blackFORD is in order?

n8

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home